Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some reflections...

Woke up in the middle of the night & went randomly reading lots of jobs-related articles, and have found some of these interesting to share.


Biblical waiting, the kind of waiting Abram and Sarai did,
and which you and I must learn to do,
is a very active kind of waiting.
It's a faith-journey; the waiting of a pilgrimage.
We can only wait for God to give us
what we cannot do ourselves;
but, paradoxically, we must move toward it in faith
as we wait, asking, seeking and knocking . . . .
~ Ben Patterson, Waiting

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree,
I'd spend six sharpening my ax.
~ Abraham Lincoln
These seems to tells me the importance of preparation work. To prepare for exams. To prepare for career opportunities. One should even prepare to be a great wife/mother.


Therefore be as wise as serpents
and as harmless as doves.
 ~ Matthew: 10:16
I see myself as the dove, but why can't I be a serpent in this sense? How bout you, where do u stand?

The moment you leave a job your boss ceases to be your boss and begins to be part of your network. And you should always treat your network like gold.
Though knowing the importance of networking, somehow it feels tiring to keep up with it. Hence reflecting, I've been missing out lots of opportunities to keep up with ppl who were successful in careers as well as those spritually. I've had opportunities to know these ppl in person, more in-depth, but I failed to do so.
Keeping contacts seems like a chore to me because I don't really know how, what to say to them.
There are those whom I like to keep becos I know they'll be beneficial to me in growth(be it career wise or personality), but somehow I didn't. Even some whom I really like them, I failed to express.

This is a Grattitude Rock. It can be for someone u like to say "Thanks!" to or it can be for ownself, to power up your energy/life force (spiritually).
Looking at this, is there anyone on your mind? Or is it a dozen of ppl (or animals, monsters, etc.. )  (^_^)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!