
Familiar??
This was my pressie for last yr's b'dae...and yet, I received it only today.
Still I'm glad that he finally finished this 'project' which was out of my expectation...
He decorated the box and card~~~ which was unusual.
And as everybody knows, I'll like it. I never dislike any handmade, sincere presents.
Not gonna put up pics of the pressie, since my mind now is all filled with it, and that's enough.
Sounds like a good v'dae that I had, ain't it?
But ppl, u do not know the other side of the story. This happiness occurring today in a duration of 3 hrs was accompanied with a week of torture. Long story cut short, he pissed me off like hell. Which was y I prepared nothin for him. Even today, we started with hell too.. but he made a u-turn, finally.
Relationships isn't always the rosy pic that ppl paint. I may show u only the best part of my r/s, but that doesn't mean I had it all good. Don't be naive to envy others who have partners with them, cos' it ain't so good as it looks like. Always. However, we still prefer to look at the good side. Who doesn't want positive energy right? Me too wants it!! so.....
Let's talk bout the current trend that my gals, age 23, r having in their life right now. Marriage.
Apparently among my girl friends, one is already married havin her new life even with a baby boy. I shall not divulge who she is, but I'm really happy for her. She's having a whole new life of being a mother. Haven't catch up with her much but seems like she's matured, alot. It's a huge jump in her mindset as I see. Gd for her.
Next gal whom I wanna mentioned is the only SIM girl friend whom I made friends with. She's Gina. Met her during my 1st yr and we clicked right away. She's my best partner to explore things with given her open, receptive mindset. Even now, we no longer had time to meet up one another, I hope that our friendship lasts. She's one who will be worth it. Now that she started working, her bf and her are in the process of looking for a BTO flat. It came to me quite as a surprise but I'm glad for her, being happily in love they're gonna be married in 3 yrs time...
Bee Bee, as many of my readers would know, the small-built little girl may also soon be looking for a flat with her bf. One of her reason of doing so is kinda envy-able to me. The reason is such that if they do not do this soon, they might not be able to get a HDB flat anymore due to their combined income that would hit the limit of the laws. I wished I would too be able to say this kinda thing in the future, having a high salary even from the start. Hee!! Putting the finance aside, I believe they'll make a good couple for both is practical in life. **She wasn't like this in her younger days wor~ I remember vividly bout how she was 'wow-ing' with sparkling round eyes over the orangy lights that Tamp mac had change during v'dae years years ago. I wonder how many of u remembered ...
Last but not least, is our Lynn, the attitude gal. The one whom is least expected to get married young, yet the 1st one to get proposed to. Her story was such that she went New York with her bf for leisure without knowing he has a hidden purpose. And on the day itself, everything went wrong. Nothing goes in the way her bf had planned and so to not ruin her moment, he popped the question in the restaurant with Lynn already guessing it. Somehow, it doesn't seem like a good enough proposal to me, but well, he tried hard enough.
However, with her story continuing, my views flipped completely. As they returned to the hotel room, her bf asked her to sit on the bed, and again he did the proposal, this time with one knee on the ground. This act itself is great in such a way that many other guys would not have done it! Most guys would just leave it at that, the half-past six proposal that was done in the restaurant, knowing that he got the gal. But he din. And for this, I'm glad for my gal that she's got a great guy.
Told this story to my sis and she commented that indeed, there should be a decent proposal for every gal. Agreed to the max!!!! And a add-on, video it down professionally, so when both your hair turns grey u guys could be watching it with your grandchildren. =)
However, in reality, statistics show that within our Singapore married couples, the way of proposal was "Honey, shall we buy a HDB flat together?" That's it! Even the cost of engagement rings was being saved up. Haiz, it's the most practical way but it's the worst way ever, yet it hit the highest number of type of proposal. What a dissapointment. Singaporean guys, smarten up! Will you?
ps.: Adding into the smartening part, will u guys stop breaking up with gf on v-day itself? It hurts like shit, I know it 1st-hand. And today, another gal friend of mine got this. Damn it!!!!
On the other hand, stop makin your anniversary as the v'day. It's cheesy. With history of v'dae, lots of guys have popped the question(be it for getting gf or marriage ) many many many times ALREADY!!!! duh... -_- Time for newer tricks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!