Thursday, April 7, 2011

Politics (update yourself here.. haha!)

DISCLAIMER: This post has no intention of suporting or not supporting any of the political parties. It is purely an individual view of politics for permitted friends of the owner of this blog.


I've rarely mentioned stuffs bout the politics since it's sensitive, as I wouldn't know who would bounce on my blog like what the MP I was serving did a while ago. Also, I'm a member myself in politics, this made me even more careful with my words regarding this issue.

Nevertheless, I was attracted to this current issue shown on yahoo: Huge uproar over PM Lee's comment. (do read this WHOLE article before continuing, to understand what the issue is about, how the commoners view PM Lee's comment and most imptly, how our PM rebuted. I think it's best to have both sides heard before making judgement, so don't read halfway k? Hee!!)

After I read the article and the 1st 20 comments posted, I liked this comment best as it says what I thinking, esp. the first two points noted.

By One-Leg-Kick 
1. Let me stake that I have a HUGE respect for the PAP - yes - 100% huge respect for the FOUNDING Fathers of PAP - meaning the generation of Lee Kuan Yew, Goh Keng Swee, Rajaratnam etc... and even the early founding fathers of the Opposition Party. These men were and are GIANTS in my eyes, my parents and my grandparents eyes. They were educated, and yet they purposely walked away from a privileged life and a good paying job to SERVE and BUILD the nation.

2. I can safely say I speak for most of the irate and frustrated Singaporeans here because they do appreciate the good policies that the Govt (both PAP and Opp) have administered. But all of us are becoming less and less stupid and more and more smarter to realize that years of being in power and years of "Yes-men" attitude within the party has made the current batch of PAP ministers into money-faced self serving politicians. Such arrogance is today being confirmed from this post on LHL comments.

3. Please do note that any Singapore $ (reserves or whatever) DO NOT BELONG TO the PAP. It belongs to the Government. That means it belongs to the people of Singapore. This stark and direct comment by LHL that if you don't vote for PAP, tough luck, you get no upgrading, just reeks of complete arrogance and elitism. I am truly disappointed. The way you put it , it's like as if on post-election day when and if PAP is no longer in power, the entire Singapore reserves will be reset to ZERO because all the money will GO TO each of the PAP's membership bank account? That's totally BULLSH$%.

4. LHL arrogance is probably clouding his logic that he needs separate the Peoples of Singapore money (reserves) vs PAP Party money. So sorry, I think LHL needs to take a leaf of his Dad's life story and learn from that Great man who is larger than life. LHL comments have made me lose a huge part of the faith in him to carry on the wonderful legacy left by LKY.

5. Stop comparing and justifying the Ministerial pay. The majority of Singaporeans (if you track back a years ago) were generally OK with the pay. But given the -UNACCOUNTABILITY and the LACK of disciplinary measures taken on errant Ministers who did not carried their roles, were the reasons why people are questioning if these Ministers actually deserve the high pay they are drawing.

6. All these ramblings plus the other ones on (no need for 2 party system etc..) just confirms to us that the Pay and Pay is already OUT OF TOUCH with the ground.

Gosh, I am concerned for the future of Singapore now. But then again, maybe I should not be, since it will be overrun with Foreigners and more than 50% of the proposed 6.5Million population will be Foreigners anyway. By then we should have a new National Motto instead of Uniquely Singaporean. It should be : Ruled by the Elite, Defended by Low-life poor Singaporeans, Owned by Foreigners.
 
Though agreeing with the above comment, I don't agree to the more and more sarcastic tone this writer have been writting along his way. But true enough, the founding fathers of politics for Singapore had done an admirable act, where they really served the country.
 
Moving on to the salaries issue, I do think it is way too much. Despite I wanna get paid like this too if I do become one of the minister someday~~ hahas!!
As quoted, PM Lee said "People do not enter politics to get rich but neither will they enter politics and as a result, they and their family will become poor." Personally, I find this reply an inappropriate one, esp. coming from the person it came from. As this yahoo user, Kelvin, mentioned, "does getting 10-20% lesser than the current Salary make ur minister poor??" Agreeing this to the max!!!  Indeed, getting less salary wouldn't make them financially weak.

On a random note, I wonder how and where they spent all these money to? Does a person/family need these much money to live, esp. when they can't go for entertainmnents like movies, Escape park, K-box, etc... hahas.. well, not that they would want to I believe, since they've been so into their life of politics.

Also, I saw this comment:

 
By Danjo
On the contrary, I live in Tampines and it is over-developed, over-crowded, constructions and upgrades can be seen in every 5 metres of Tampines, PAP has done such a wonderful job in pumping all the money into Tampines and make it such into such a congested and noisy place.


Thank you PAP, I had enough of all the upgradings and drillings and congested malls. In order to stop all the drillings and divert some crowd away to another town, I shall vote for the opposition this time.

Thanks PAP. But no thanks. Not anymore.
 
Indeed, Tampines is really full of construction. I can't remember any day of peace in these 4 yrs of living here, esp. during nap time. It is so bloody irritating. Why can't they just go to one area and upgrade EVERYTHING they want at one instance, just make the place super noisy and annoying in 1-2 months time and get the hell out and go to other areas, come back 2 yrs later for short period of upgrade again?!
 
Despite appreciating Singapore being a constantly upgrading country, specifically in the area of construction, I hate the fact that there was never a time when the whole of Singapore, or at least most big areas of Singapore, were totally NOT in construction. For example, the Marina Bay Sands area. How long has it been renovating, upgrading stuffs for us to see, play and earn money? Have you went to the flyer and looked down, NOT noticing a single construction area ONCE EVER? And I thought the flyer was there for a reason.

For an end to this post, just in case you're interested in more history of Singapore, I think this is quite an interesting page to read : 10 reasons why I cannot vote for the PAP in the next election. However, please bear in mind that this is quite a one-sided story(obviously the facts r written to support his sayings), so do make sure u know your FULL HISTORY before blabbering non-intellecturelly and get yourself in trouble, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!