This has been the 8th month since my 1st job, a HR asst role, doing what ppl called the Shared Services work. So what is that? It's basically paperwork. Sounds boring? It isn't as boring as it sounds like. It can be so damn challenging~ but tt's not what other teams feel and I understood why finally. Despite being in the same jobscope, dealing with different portfolio brings about major differences in the workload.
Leaving office today with a heavy heart, backaches, mind stirring w work and still in the midst of recovering from cough, I was kinda in the mood of fed up with work. Like really starts to think if it's time to go, and yet was afraid it was me who couldn't stand the work, and not the work being too much. But hello!!! It's only been 8 months and I'm so damn pissed off with the amt of work and only 60% of it I'm doing. There's another 10% tt my boss is helping and another 30% that has yet to be taught, and I'm dying... Seriously, everytime thinking about what kind of hedious massive workload is this, I feel like throwing everything I have on hand.
Not here to talk about what I am working as I've got no strength to, but I'm here to put down my memories of the good after a tiring work day.
Luckily, dad came to fetch and as usual he started on his grandfather's stories. We were talking about recently how crude a couple were to poke their maid with needle, kick her vagina, etc. Of course they were jailed, they so deserved it! It reminded him of his cousin, whom kicked a maid to death many years ago. Well, he's in jail for like 20,30 years, still not out yet. This reminds me once again about what kind of bad blood genes we have in the family.
My paternal family, well the extended paternal family especially, was a hideous mass of adulterous couples, gangsters, loansharks, etc. Besides killers I guess whatever assholes stuffs u name it, they should be there. Growing up looking so-not-up to these adults, taught me the idea that adults are just a bigger version of a child. So when one threw their dignity to the floor in such ways, they'll live to learn why no one ever respected them not even a child.
---------
On the bright side, it was also through these that I've learned stuffs to make myself wiser and being more thoughtful. I shan't elaborate, if not I'll go side track...
Also, dad reminded me of my Ah Zou (my dad's grandmother). In my memories, she was in her eighties and was already bed-ridden. But there were many stories about her greatly generosity as a woman, as a mother, which probably could be half a Mother Teresa. She had only one biological living kid, my grandfather. Yet no one understood why she had the huge heart to keep many other children, where today I call them po-po, and shu gong.
One of the shu gong was the one who taught me how to eat prawn ball (hei kiu). I remembered him as a skinny uncle who wore specs looking like a taller version lao fu zi. Whenever he comes to our shop, probably only 2-3 times, he will bring me and bro to the coffeeshop and ordered this dish, together with tian ji (the frog). =D
With that I start to think about what my colleague keeps saying to me, "Meng Zi, you are very blessed". She's one whom I spoke to most in the office, exchanging stories. While talking to her, bits and pieces made me realize that indeed I've been blessed but I did not specifically took them into great notice. Not that I took for granted but it just didn't came as a bigger impact.
As she correctly pointed out, I was so blessed to have clothes to wear given from others. Since young I've been wearing hand-me-downs, but are usually still pretty alright. Now, most of it are new and ppl kept getting it for me for some reasons. Once in a few months, I will have new clothes without spending on it. They may not be the most fabulous clothes but they were presentable enough for everyday living. One of those who always gives me clothes is one whom I knew from the volunteering party, where most of the times when she is out of town, she buys me smth. I was in fact quite ashamed to accept but I usually don't reject gifts for I feel it was not courteous. What did I do to gain such favours, I didn't, so yeah blessed.
Recently this weekend, I fell sick. Started coughing again and this can be one of my nightmare. When my coughing starts, it usually likes to hang around me for months. It has been this way since young, going in and out of clinics usually don't work. 2 years back, a western doctor told me exactly like this, "Here's some tablets for the cough. If this still can't cure you, you would have to go elsewhere. My clinic does not have anymore stronger medicine for you, since you've already tried the other 3." I was half amused, and half feeling what a strong cough bacteria I'm having. Lol!
The last time it got better with some chinese medicine bought from Johor, given by my parents' colleague. This time, this same colleague heard that I fall sick, he went into Johor and back to my house to pass my parents the medicine. I was like OMG, he's so good but also damn free! I was glad, feel happy and took the medicine. When speaking about it to my colleague, again she mention I was blessed and that makes me rethinked again - indeed I am. Thank God. So there again today, mom brought back 2 more packs. Hope I cure soon completely, it can be tiring coughing you know?
Many more other small favours and happiness that have been happening around us, in our everyday life. Have we sit down and thought about it?
Suddenly feel like going back to Bedok Reservoir, the times when we threw rocks into it and got caught. But hey, everyone was running and laughing! ^_^
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!