Sunday, April 25, 2010

Astro - fun!!!!

These days I'm still preparing for the examinations, it's getting tougher as the days goes by. But, I'm not gonna tok bout this emo subject. Despite this very un-fun event happening, I've been kind of involved in a more fun event coming up my way. =D

Just a note to ppl who wanna criticise before I start on some fun stuffs, I would like to say, "Damn bloody hell, get out of my way if you're here to stress on me. I know how much hardwork I've placed in and how much I stress myself on it, and it's beyond you, so cut the crap! There's individual differences among us, where one of the sources is Stress. In other words, everyone's stress handling capability is different and no one should be in the position to comment and judge. Moreover, if you're concern bout me, then encourage me and I'll be grateful for that. Otherwise, I see no difference in you and ppl who says 'hi-bye' to me."

Moving on.... =)

Mentioned in earlier post, again it's birthday party. I didn't know I like parties that much.. haha, seriously I didn't realised it until these 2 years. So my next party it's Jun Xiong's 21st Birthday Party! He's kind of my little god-brother. The way I see him 'grow' - well, I like the navie him, though I would want him to be more mature and be tougher, to be a Man. That will then do him good.

I've been busy gathering his presents - got him 5 - cos' his bdae is on the 5 May plus I wouldn't be able to afford 21 presents like what Loti did for Cher, though I think it's kind of meaningful. Something I've learnt from giving presents in quantity, the major thing is to write it down for the b'dae person. On my 21st, Ting gave me a bag of stuffs.. and though feeling very appreciative of every single thing, I couldn't remember what were they after a few months down the road. Tried to recall but to no avail, only rememberd she gave me a cap. Hmm... food for tot.

Sis was great! She was too being invited, in fact, my whole family was being invited. She's great cos' she helped me, or rather him out. Just now, she and I spent 2hours in the middle of the night, racking our brains to make plans for his birthday, hoping he could use some help. She gave me loads of ideas and I think it'll help JX lots. I wonder how much more ideas I could get to plan parties over and over again down the years of road...

Speaking of which, I went to search for some ideas for party plans, for gifts and I chance upon this website which was so cool to me.... For one, I love the stary nights, feels being captivated into the black world with them.

There's this machine that seems to be able to make an artificial night stary sky with the Laser Star Shower in any dark places be it a tiny room or a large warehouse, well that's what it says. But why isn't it within 10 bucks? Hahaz, dream on~ but how I hope it was. Instead, it cost US$129.95 (SGD$178.1095), which is so ex.. though kind of reasonable for this so cool machine. Hee...

 (Left) The Big Dipper - a kind of constellation where it's not often seen in S'pore (I saw it yrs b4, yeah!!) and one of it's star is the Polaris, the North Star, the brightest star that ppl claim that can follow it as a compass.
(Right) The Milky Way
Above are the Crystal Orbs, a hand blown crystal showing our Galaxy - the Milky Way. It also have other options like the Big Dipper, the Black Hole, etc.  They look elegantly like nice pieces of art work to me though since no one has really see the Black Hole and I don't think they'll be able to create the Milky Way like it is by scale, so it's just nice crystal balls to look at - great profitability minds. Still, it's nice to look at, ain't them?

A great gift for pro-astronomers like myself(wahahaha), seems to be this Celestial Astrodea Watch. It shows stars and galaxies... and time. Find it very unqiue esp. with it's accurate map positions(not that I can tell though). And what's the best thing, it doesn't cost a lot. It's just selling at US$599.00(SGD$820.9894)!!! I'll be thick-skin enough to be waiting for it, haha, despite it's outlook seems more like for the males.  =D

Last, but not least, this is something I'll get it one day to PLAY with. Seems kind of fun. The Space Sand, an artificial made sand that looks like sand from Mars. Fun Part? This unbelieveable sand formed into shapes underwater and drys instantly when taken out from water. Cool huh? Science. Costing at around $6 or $10, depending which variables - orange or red sand.

To end off this astronomical journey with me, I like to present to you the ICE DWARF!
It is also known as Pluto, the former planet of our Solar System. FYI, do you know that Pluto is officially not considered a planet? Which means, in our solar system now, we're only left with One sun and Eight planets. Reason - check here (simple yet clear explaination provided)

Cheers!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!