*Exclaimed!!!*
Getting Second Lower Class Honours is like a dream come true~ I've been praying and praying almost every single day... I know it ain't too high a grade but it aint too low either. Feeling really happy as I tot I didn't wanna have a "just pass" grade and "3rd class" I may get but somehow it just aint as soothing to the ears. And of course, looking at what I had previously and what I had went thru in the exams halls, I highly doubt I'll achieve a Upper 2nd. Hence getting this lower 2nd really makes the moment of my day!
Sadly, I wasn't feeling ecstatic, not happy enough to run all over the house, not happy enough to keep talking about it non-stop. I remembered I was happier each other single year, the times when I had my 2nd O level results, my A level results, my yearly uni grades, I was happier then. And becos of this idiotic feel, I'm kinda angry with myself.
Nevertheless, what came to my mind was like what Gina motivated me during my exam days. She mentioned "pls study harder, the class which you will be getting may be
irreversible. In the light when you get a 2nd upper for example,
throughout ur whole life u think back u will feel super proud of urself
and happiness would be so priceless. So Xin ku a bit now in exchange of
an lifetime of delight! :)" - [link back to the post]
And I knew that despite my not-so-happy-moment-as-of-now due to some reasons, I'll still be really glad for my whole life with this score. I had been glad of my 2nd O level results but super ashamed by my A levels and hence I really hope I wouldn't be ashamed of my uni grades, the academic grades tt I wld bring along with me my lifetime unless I go into MBA~
As these 2 years I tried keeping track of my efforts for the exams, I am glad my efforts didnt waste...
i) Industrial Econs, taught by the idiotic Chi-na woman, 3 days memorize 16 pages of essays, gotten 41 out of the 60 marks attempted.
ii) Marketing, only know how to do 70 marks, so totally forfeited 30 and gotten 50 marks~ quite happy le.
iii) Macroecons, the one tt kept on failing. Still failed but with 30 out of 50 marks attempted, again memorising questions n answers of 23 pages(my limit so far), I'm really glad what I memorized was right.
It would be damn pathetic if what I memorized was the wrong info. Still...looking at these marks, it also means almost 20 marks for Indus n Macro, I did not get the right knowledge hence wasnt able to get full marks for what I have written. I mean, it's really like "photocopying" from my memory... and still didn't get those marks...
Then again, despite I know studying is to gain knowledge and I really recognize and like studying in this sense, I still resort to memorizing, the method that I tot was "rubbish". I still think it is rubbish until today, a fucking idiotic way to study as tt is not study, tt is 'photocopy', but still I did to get what I want. This memorizing method tt I looked down upon, I cant deny tt it is hardwork, esp. when I went thru it myself. Getting headache and still continuing pushing thru is no joke, writing on pieces of foolscapes again and again of the same words right from the 1st sentence is also a killer. But I've survived and it works for a pass. Works for a grade, but works nothing left for the brain to absorbed, since it has been thrown off right away once the 3 hrs exam hall bell rings~ Never have and never will encourage such methods unless the fire's burning into the pants.
All in all, going thru the 4 years uni tt many peers went thru with 2-3 yrs, I still think it was worth my grades. If I had to finished it in 3 yrs as planned initially, I wouldn't be happy with a pass grade n even worse, guessed i'll be ashamed of myself deep down for so much money has been borrowed from bank n relatives, so much allowances tt my father gotta give me, so much time tt the family has to put thru to think on eating, getting thru meals daily. I'll be really damned ashamed if I didn't score well.
It has been one of my toughest period of my life so far but I know the toughest has yet to come.
I'll remember
the times when Ting taught me how to memorise line by line of the MSM mod when I was afraid to memorise due to childtime's history,
the times when Hao sent me encouraging msgs when I'm always so easily irritated nearing exams,
the only true fren tt I've gotten out of my Uni life - Gina,
the times when sis n I gotta eat sweet potato to get thru dinner time,
the times when my mom wld not slp to wake me for exams,
the times when dad wld ask me over n over while waiting for results.
Appreciating all those who have accompanied me to study, making studying less sleepy~ Ron, ZY, Cher, Jun Wei, Olivia(though I dont like her), Raymond, Ying Ying, JJ, Joel, Qifan, Zane,Xuan Cheng, Brad, Stanley, Staz and of course Gina n Ting.
Many things happen during these 4 yrs n I'll put them into my memory box.


Eeee you didn't wear clothes lo.
ReplyDeleteHahaaa, you are so appreciative and it remind me of "红星大奖"! LOL. I think you have forgotten to thank one person... YOURSELF! You wouldn't have done it without all your perseverance, faith and dedication. I'm so proud of you! Remember the days we were whining about the long days ahead... All the insecurities... The pain... IT'S OVER! MUAHAHA. Yes, the toughest day is not over, indeed, but it's going to be more meaningful as we grow even stronger and wiser, proving to ourselves what more we are capable of.
I look forward to going on a spa and/or shopping vacation with you. Haha... Very possible short term goal right? ;)
lol!!! *I gotta look back to my post on y u said i din wear clothes~~ hahas!
ReplyDeleteIndeed it feels like "红星大奖"!... Din tot of tt while writing. But too long, will kenna the "time-out bell"... hahas!
Yeap yeap, veri possible ST goal, just let me find my 'dream' job first? hee~
Congrats! it will be totally worth the effort :)
ReplyDeleteYou shld be proud of yourself!
Thanks thanks!=D Yeap, happy!! :)
ReplyDelete