Today I had a fantastic day.. well, minus-ing the ants.
I woke up meeting Gina for study and yeah!!!! We did study. Though it's been kind of slow, as those who studied IBM knows how thick one chapter is.. so, yeah, I couldn't even finish 1 chapter. and I still got 2 more to read and do notes.. in order to try and start doing my 1st assignment. Last year, I didn't really do the assignments and tests, but this year, I'm gonna try my best and do it the right way.
In between, we had this 115 years old uncle who came to us, offering Gina sweets for her cough(though herself and me don't think we heard she had cough). Still, sweet enough of the caring uncle, and Gina took it in respect. He told us some grandfather's stories.. whereby I really like Gina's attitude. She respond to him well. As in most Singaporeans, esp. girls, will show a 'face' to strangers who came up to them and talk. But she didn't, she even responded in a polite enough enthusiaism. This old uncle reminds me of my old friend, Uncle Adrain, who used to look at me grow up. Who also is an old, also very sharing attitude like the one we met today, expect they are of different races. Uncle Adrain is a Caucassian and if I'm not wrong, he's a Bristish. It's been almost a year since I went to visit him and his wife, so I really think it's by God's intention to remind me, it's time to go find them. And yes, I'll do that soon.
Next, I went to meet Hao, whom was so great. I made a request of asking him to accompany me to go for the APEC Reception, a briefing session with some food for us Ambassadors. It's so great that he's willing to do that for me, given that he's not one of the ambassadors, in other words, he's not invited also which means to say he may be ask to leave. And if that happens, it'll be so pai-seh. Still, for me, he went, and cancelling his basketball training session with his friend. Thanks! I so don't wanna go alone.
We had good food, though little(com'on, who dares to take servings after servings, haha)! And the presenter was great, she's very lively and fluent. How I wish one day I could speak so well too. Throughout the whole reception, they were trying to thank us, the volunteers, for making this event happening. Well, they seem so sincere and I'm not doubting it. Cos' I do believe myself that we always needs two hands to clap, isn't it?
Furthermore, they told us some of our welfares.. and wow!!!!! I love it! One of it that I'm so happy about is to be able to recieve a Apec Thumbdrive. For one who doesn't have any (had one b4 and lose it), it'll be such a great welfare. Also, they'll be giving us a certificate ranging from participation to gold. Though they didn't wanna tell us how they rank it. But I suppose we'll get to the higher ones if the delegates comment great on us, and also the days/hours we commit to help. Well, that's not that important. Another one is the appreciation dinner, whoo!!! Seems great food coming along! And more...
Feelings? I feel great to be part of this Apec. Though I'm playing such a small role, still it feels great to be doing something small for something so big. It really feels good. Though I know it'll feel even better if I have all my loved ones with me in this. Moreover, I've been trying to read newspapers to keep up with the politics, the world, the economies, the banking and finance sector, the technology, the everything that has been going around the world which I barely knew about. And this Apec thing leads me to read more about many things so yeah, it helps me in a way to get to these 'boring' stuffs making them more interesting for myself to keep up to date. Yeah, Yeah, I'm so happy!
Apec!!!! "Sustaining Growth, Connecting the Region."
ps.: Darn the ants! Hao and me were waiting at the bustop to go home, and in a while, the black small ants were climbing onto our feet and legs, BITING us, Darn them! I HATE INSECTS!!!!!!!
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm really happy for you too that the APEC briefing you were initially dubious of, turned out so well! LOL! Hiya, you silly worrisome too... Haha!
ReplyDelete- gina
WOW APEC! I wanna get a glimpse of Obama! Tell me if you do yeah! - SUYEE!
ReplyDelete