Monday, June 7, 2010

6th June* Potluck



6th June*
Welcome to my world of Jellies~~~

have been preparing the jellies for my family potluck 5 hours straight, the 1st time ever...


The jellies process starts here ~


Inspired by the left hand side glass of jellies,
I bought this 2nd packet of pudding.

The moulds in preparation, to be scaled by the “hottie” molten puddings.


And the 1st layer’s up!



~ being purposely placed slanted ~

yeah yeah! Done! =)

Kept in box, 2 layers!!!

More jellies ~



Prepared plates
 The extras ~ more slantings to create the trapezium shape.


 Washing up!


Something interesting found at my uncle's house!

Brought camera there, but didnt took much (good) pics cos' we've been busy eating.

What we did there was so "back to the basics"..........

Ice - Breaking!!!

Can u imagine ice-breaking within a family? Like how long have we known each other? Practically our whole life ... zzz

Though kind of weird for a start, I think it's a rather good stuff.... everyone talk about what they're doing right now, some shared their hardships/ expericenes at work, esp. among us the 2nd generations...while the 1st generations as they speak, they diverted to the issue of gambling. 

Not the usual gambling talk of 4D, Toto, etc.  Instead, it's more of different views towards gamblings. Hence, I proposed the next time round, when we gather... we shall have a debate over this issue, a real debate. Surprisingly, they're up for it.... i mean the older generation. They were like "yes.. good idea, I'll prepare a list of points here to fight you all." Well, this family - most r filled with strong, competitive figures.

(Fyi, my maternal family is filled with extremists. Ppl who are pro-gamblers and also anti-gamblers, hence this issue becomes a problem in the family, debates r always there.
Also, religion is another one. We have Christians, Japanese God - Soka, Buddism, Taoism, freethinkers.... hence again, always another issue that we debate among ourselves... convincing the other party whose God is the TRUE ONE.)

I'm really glad that we had started our gathering in such an "odd" way. By "odd" I mean, Firstly, we had never done potluck b4. Secondly, we started with "introductions" of ourselves. Hence with all these "oddness" next time if we were to propose games, I'm quite sure they'll play. =)

Really like these gatherings. These gatherings were proposed by my mom when my grandma died last year. We were saying that we shall gather 2 times per year, if not, all of us will eventually be separated and not contact each other such that our granny and grandpa all have left to join the eternal life.

 

3 comments:

  1. jelly so cute!!!! :D lets have a day we make it tgt! then we can make all sorts of funny things tgt! :D

    - joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaya we shall, then loti can do her japanese ball rice n u could cook yr shrimps, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pudding jelly layers! Nice effort there! I tried making jellies too. Made Mango Konnyaku jelly with nata de coco and basil seeds! :) Jelly r so tasty! Very Simple but still requires some tedious work and a good deal of washing! (those sticky pots!)

    ReplyDelete

Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!