Tuesday, July 20, 2010

fullfilling dae!!!

Today seems to be a fullfilling day for me!

Woke up and prepared myself(and my mom) to go to a $1 Clinic to have my leg treated. Thining twice, I find it suspicious, so I called in to check the rates again. Lucky I did that! It was such that taking the medicines is 1 buck/day and accupunture is also $1, which means if i were to go see the doc once per week, I'll have to pay about $8 each time. Which is prety cheap, in fact very cheap. Still, I don't seem to be able to spend that amount, cos 1 month means at least $32.

So I tried again to find that "Tong Ji Hospital" that were rumored to be free, and yet once again after days of searching, I was led to the site in China. However, within 10 mins or so, I found, at last, finally. It's english is "Tong Chai Hospital" - no wonder I can't find for days... Called in, it was TOTALLY FREE. Though u can choose to donate whatever amount u want to, be it 10 cents or a 100bucks. So there we go...

Upon reaching, the place was filled with elderly, hence the young me felt a little shameful, still I know my choices are kinda limited. Very quickly(and lucky) I was in the consultation room. I wanted him to check on my legs, instead all he did was ask questions, "ba mai" - listen to my heartbeat in the traditional chinese way, and ask me to show him my tongue. And he concluded with
1) my inner body is very tiring
2) do not eat sour stuffs or drink cold drinks as it will worsened my legs condition
3) drink the medicines and I'll be cured (forgot to ask him how long will it take)
4) do some accupunture as it'll helps to relieve the pain
5) my inner body is very "dry" hence cause my lips to keep flaking (and drinking tons of water don't help)
Now I know a little bit more...

Mum also did a little consultation regarding her stiff neck/shoulders, the once "broken" knee...
Though "lucky" in the beginning, we waited for our medicines to be prepared for another 1.5 hours (those taking and measuring the herbs are ALL SENIOR CITIZENS), which adds up to about 2 hours plus in total.

Then had our Chinese dim sum in a cafe at Chinatown, treated by mom's collegue. He brought us there to eat, as the cafe is build up by Christians for the sake of something like the Yellow Ribbon Project. All servers/cooks there are ex-offenders(esp. into drugs) but they're given a 2nd chance in life. =) The food's so-so(except the Glutinous Rice which was delicious), but I guess it's good to go support these ppl, and yet, personally I felt they all looked ok, no fearful faces or anything, in fact.. they're VERY smiley. Good cust service!

Coming back to Tampines, brought him to find out more about the internet price plans(btw, he's a China guy, hence need some help around). And last stop, reaching back to my house... taught him some English(we did that the whole day though, which is why everytime english words are mentioned, u could see that he's struggling hard to find that word in his mind). Also, taught him to set up email accounts and MSN hence able to chat with more Singaporeans, as he's still in the QQ era connecting ppl in China.

Though I don't know how much I could help him, it was rather a tiring day. Activites coming up and the feeling was wow!

Family time. Mom and me went to Jasmine's room to ask her stuffs(since bro wasn't home). Things are not going well btw her and my brother. Argh, kinda sucks went stuffs like that keeps going on and on and on... esp when it never ends, and it's happening on my kinships. It's so suffocating already for me, imaging the ppl who r involved. Argh. Enough said.

When I was left to do my stuffs, I started to read and type questions regarding my insurance policy that I've signed up 2 years ago. Cos' I recently had a new financial advisor, hence the questions popping out. Some stuffs seems to be different from what I've heard when I firstly signed up the plan. I guess maybe I missed out initially, or my previous advisor didn't mention the small stuffs, or I was too young to understand any of it well. Saying this, none of it was felt that my previous advisor had tried to cheat me off, cos' I know him too well that he'll not do that to me. =) 

And as I read the policies, trying to understand bit by bit, doing lots of calculations, I realised  2 hours gone when I rose my head to read the clock. With yesterday's reading of newspaper(finally read it!) and studying of my insurance stuffs... in total I spend about 6 hours. This made me feel that, if I were one who should be doing stuffs related to banking, investment, stats, economics cos' from this experience and from my Appco experience, I tend to spend time on all these stuffs and didn't realised the time is over that fast cos' I'm always searching for answers. On the other hand, I don't really like these stuffs... For those who really know me, they'll know. Let's see how I go ....


On a side track, Hao FINALLY recieved his NS letter, as his peers have all recieved and/or gone in. He's being admitted to CIVIL DEFENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Something out of the ordinary, well, at least it wasn't in ANY of my tots that he'll be in that! Afterall, he's so great with his physical health and stuffs, I tot he'll be pushed to those very very "xiong" department maybe like a rank lower or so than "commando". But Cilvil  Defence?!  
Still, I was very happy for him! First thing that comes to my mind as "Fantastic! Can learn survival(literately) skills! Also, it's so great cos' I'm curious... - ok, I never knew what they really do that's why." Haha! I don't know how "xiong" will it be or will he like it or not, but one thing that I can know... he's already sulking over it! Boo!
Thinking on a brighter note, he'll become a FireFighter? (yeah!!! but that he'll be in danger too... >_<")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!