Now tt I've graduated, not official yet~ I'm in yet another big decision making stage of my life. The 1st job(career) to hold upon.
Wanting to be able to talk/see cosmetics,fashions in my daily job seems to be more of a motivation for an employee like me to go to work rather than facing the engineering terms. Well, tt's what I tot hence the choosing of such industries. Have told myself that I'll work hard if I do get into this industry, to better know this industry and make it turn into my forte~ maybe able to venture from marketing/merchandiser into being visual merchandiser, whom does the windows display and even larger scope of advising the boss on the themes on the opening of a new shop. Or maybe from an inventory planner working into the position of a buyer, imaging u'll be paid and holding on to the company's credit card to shop all over the world? Last but not all, working up the corporate level into management, something tt I guess I'll love the empowerment over ppl. I'm a control freak afterall. =X
On the other hand, I would like to have a stable life income, great benefits so as to be able to focus on family life when I have it, prob in 5-7yrs down the road. Which implies that I may go into safer paths like banking or the government lines. I don't dislike such jobs too in fact. I seriously think I'm overly 'open' to choices now, as in I don't mind working in an oil industry doing admin(since it's my forte) for yrs and earning like $8k per month even after 10 plus yrs, it's good money. I would also find it challenging to be a Commercial Affairs Officer, simply put - one who finds fraud/corruption in organizations.
Being positive would be I'm open to ideas. Being the opposite, it wld be I have no goal. And what angers me most is that I have been asking myself this question since Sec2, when others were still happily playing not thinking so far into the future. I have already 'forecast' myself to be in this predicament if I still couldn't decide what I want/like to be in. Still, I didn't got my answer... though Fashion could be considered a hint. On second tots, maybe lives like that for most ppl, without much goal or rather goal at other areas.
After years of chatting, we(ting and me) found tt her goal in life is in fact family, more particularly - kids. Every plan or move she make she would first consider if it will be beneficial to her family life in future. For me, I'm still searching as I want everything - warmth family, love for my husband, great kids, high education, prestige, lots of money, freedom with OWN restraint - not by others, having life experiences(as in eg. going South Africa to build homes for the kids), etc... Too greedy for my own good.
Then again, probably everyone wants it too. Hence the term Financial Freedom. Recently have been reading this book(above). It is about building 'pipelines' which means doing something once(probably with a little maintaining work) and let that money work for you, not the other way round.
In other words, earning passive income - residual income, anything tt doesn't need MUCH of ur time and yet putting money into ur pocket. Just think Bill Gates. I guess u'll get the idea.
Had read few of the financially motivating books in the past, esp. by Robert Kiyosaki. But I loved his wife's, Kim Kiyosaki's, book more - Rich Woman.
Her book really speaks more for a woman in view~ liking her last
chapter on the Full Throttle message. A brief idea - it's about taking
life at one full speed, describing a scene that an F1 racer gotta place
his foot down on the paddle with full force to create the best turn and
'fly', if not the car may crash or go haywire.. So lives like that too,
we gotta be at Full Throttle to win big in life.
Back to the Parables of Pipeline, which I haven't finish reading, I like the Emperor and the Inventor story regarding A grain of rice for each box on the chessboard and doubling it on the second box and so on (u can find the story here (at page 57, scroll down). It's worth a read!
Lastly, the famous story quoted by Robert Kiyosaki and many others, the Pipeline story - watch this, it's the best one I could find online... in mandarin - like watching a kids' cartoon! Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment only when you're ready to be responsible for what you say - leave your name down. Thanks!